Monday, January 10, 2011

Earning your turns

My first skiing experience I remember my dad taking me to a ravine a few miles away from our house in the high deserts of Southern California. It was one of those strange years when the cold front came down so far that the southern latitudes of California got 14" of snow. We had to hike back up the hill a few times and for a kid who had never really seen the snow that much it was all becoming quite chore.






















Both the Emery & Colton know how to ski but they have been chomping at the bit to get on snowboards. We were just going to get out of the house for a while and do some sledding. I brought my snowboard to get in a turn or two but it was the kids who put in most of the time with the board. buckling and unbuckling the bindings was the toughest part of the event. They were so happy about it we all went again the next day.




No comments:

Post a Comment